Thursday, May 27, 2010

I made it!

I did manage to ride to work today.  I was a little tough since I didn’t leave on time.  I decided to drop my daughter off at daycare as well which added a little time to my ride.  Overall it took me about an hour for the whole trip.  Since I was running late I took a more direct route using city streets instead of the bike path.  I made it to work a lot faster but I think I will take the bike path whenever I have time.  I enjoy the trees and fresh air on the bike path a lot more than choking on the exhaust.  I also enjoy that a lot of the bike paths go under the major streets and therefore I don’t have to stop.  On one part of the major street I rode on there are a lot of businesses and a lot of cars making crazy right turns and trying to run me over.  I had to be very careful not to get run over.  I did find that taking the streets is quite the interval workout compared to the bike path which has gradual grades instead of the up and down on the streets.

To Stephanie, I was happy to see a lady pushing a child in her stroller and wearing her other child in her orange Mei Tai.  It reminded me of the Mei Tai you made for my wife. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you do it. Biking is so NOT my thing. Glad you enjoy your rides, though!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message below. We would love to hear what you think!